Dirty dishes stacked in the sink.
Five loads of laundry waiting to be washed. Or moved from the washer to the dryer.
Restarting the dryer so you don't have to iron. Wait. Iron? Ha! Do I even own an iron?
Dog hair peeking out from under the love seat.
Bedroom floors that haven't seen a vacuum in weeks.
Sound familiar? You might be a homeschooler.
And if you are a homeschooler, and it doesn't sound familiar, please feel free to bestow your wisdom upon me.
I really think you have to pick the most important things out of each day and just do those. And I think down time is crucial. I'm an introvert. After spending six straight hours with my children, teaching them (and learning a thing or two as well), I need to just chill for a couple hours. I do not need to clean.
I cook from scratch, three meals a day, most days, plus snacks. I homeschool. I do it all.
Except that I don't.
How could I?
So today, my new housekeeper started. I hired her to come twice a month to help out around the house. I wonder if she knew what she was getting into. Surely our home isn't too terrible. And she was kind. She kept assuring me that it's because I'm so busy.
It's true. I am. Busy, I mean. If I'm not cooking, serving, planning, or teaching, I'm making memories with my family or having some private time that I need each day.
Anyway, my house is so clean right now! It's not perfect. I can only pay her for three hours twice a month, so it's not spotless (but I am splurging to have her do a five hour deep clean next week, yay!). But it's so much better than it was. And that helps with my sanity and my inner peace. I know it's good for the entire family in the same way.
So I'm okay with paying for help. I need it.
And I think you all should too, if you can.
It makes such a wonderful, wonderful difference.
PS Check out the cool optical illusion Tuna and I did today. Found it on Pinterest!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment