Monday, April 15, 2013

Monday, Monday

It was back to normal for us as Charles returned to work after a week off. Little Tuna had a hard time getting out of bed this morning. We read a lot today: Tuna and I read The Story of the World and Cupid and Psyche (a great love story, beautiful illustrations, highly recommend it), and Life of Fred. We played with the sticker album and stickers we collect: It's a Germany sticker album, and we get a new pack of stickers for every 5 Euro I spend at the grocery store called Rewe. We're working on collecting them all and translating the captions.



Bay and I took Sylvia Plath outside to soak up the sunshine. Today's the warmest day yet, with the bluest sky I've seen in Germany in the six months we've lived here.



We also went and applied for our tourtist passports this afternoon, so in a month or two, our "field trips" are going to start being places like The Louvre, Royal Albert Music Hall, and the streets of Greece!

Everywhere we went today, people were outside raking, tilling, pulling weeds, planting things, riding bikes, walking, and enjoying the weather. 
still messy in front, but our herb garden is planted. In the pots: dahlias. Around the outside: lavender, mint, rosemary, and thyme. 

Yesterday, we put in our front yard garden. The kids helped. Whenever we unearthed a worm, they rehomed him into one of our pots, to help keep the soil fertile. 


Bay helped me hang my boot gaden and Tuna helped plant the herb garden. 


I like the way the boot garden turned out. 
We still have our veggies to plant: peas, carrots, parsnips, salad greens, and Brussels sprouts. The Brussels sprouts, I'm told, are difficult to grow. But I like a challenge. 

What's in your garden this year? Do your kids help?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, gotta have those tourist passports. Wouldn't it be nice if we could use the No Fee ones to travel?

Normally, we would grow a garden with anything and everything possible. However, since we're PCSing back to the U.S. in 61 days, it doesn't make sense to plant this year. Oh well. Next year! :)