Monday, August 5, 2013

Trip to Regensburg, Germany (Also: I hate the way my blog looks)

I sure wish I could figure out how to make my blog pretty. I have tried and I screw it all up.

Oh well. Back to boring Blogger theme again. At least now my comment box is available. 

So comment away. It makes me smile. :)


A few days ago, we went to Regensburg (Germany) on a day trip. 

My in-laws are in town and we are trying to find ways to entertain them for the MONTH AND FOUR DAYS they're staying with us. 

Sigh. 

Anyway, Regensburg is fun. Old. Lots to do. Lots to see. Lots to eat. And buy. And experience. 

We went on a riverboat on the Danube to Walhalla. We didn't get to march up the 300 steps to the top because 

a.) it was too hot
b.) my in-laws are old and handicapped



So we just stayed on the boat. And it was very hot. But still, Tuna wanted very badly to take a riverboat ride, and I'm glad we got to do it. We saw the super-old bratwurst stand and (of course) got lunch there.



 And we found the ruins of (really old?) Regensburg under the road that a construction crew was tearing up. There were archways and what seemed to be a well. Very cool. 





No comments: