Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Catch Up Week


For several reasons (in-laws extended visit, lots of awesome field trips, to name two), we've found ourselves a bit behind where I hoped we'd be by this week. In an effort to catch up to where I want us to be, I've implemented a catch-up week. Regular schedules are set aside and we work on just one subject each day for a week and a half. Here's what it looks like:

Days 1 & 2: Science. Day 1 will catch us up and day 2 will complete the current week's planned lessons.

Days 3 & 4 : Math. I'll split up the assignments over two days to catch us up.

Days 5 & 6: Art, music, and German: These will be fun days. I want to finish up with chalk pastels, and we've got a music study going that we keep setting aside.

Days 7 & 8: History catch-up. Lots of reading and hands-on activities will be completed. 


With that, we'll be caught up. Normally, I wouldn't care that we're behind, but I do want us to finish our curriculum before our move next summer, with plenty of time to pre-plan our sixth grade year before chaos ensues.

What do you do when you fall behind? 

No comments: