Monday, October 28, 2013

Sixth Grade Curriculum Chosen!

OK, I know. It's only October. But I've planned Tuna's sixth grade year already.

Thinking about what's worked for us and what we want to change, and keeping in mind that we want a more rigorous curriculum, I went shopping. 

I found our curriculum. 

Seriously, I can't be the only one that plans this far out, right? 

We're going to use Moving Beyond the Page for science, social studies, and language arts. And we're going to use Teaching Textbooks for math. For music, Tuna will be taking up an instrument and receiving lessons. For art, I'm not yet sure. 

I love it. It's so neat and tidy, short and sweet. And it's geared toward gifted learners, so I know it will be challenging enough, in the right ways. 

I can hardly wait to get my giant box of new books in the mail. But I'm holding off for spring fling, MBtP's annual sale. 

Yay for new book smell!

No comments: